Beet + Tahini Superfood Dressing
Packed with antioxidants for radiant skin, energy-boosting healthy fats & essential vitamins & minerals, this dressing has got you covered.
If I had to eat one salad dressing for the rest of my life, it would be this. I created this recipe a few years ago when I was looking for a way to liven up a garlic + tahini sauce & it’s been a favorite ever since.
Serve this bright, creamy dressing in sandwiches, burgers & wraps, or drizzle over salads, veggie bowls, savory crepes & roasted veggies.
The healthy fats in tahini allow for enhanced protein assimilation, balanced hormones & increased brain & immune function. The vitamin C from freshly squeezed lemon juice aids in collagen production, while the beets & tahini offer liver protection & provide detox support for your body.
Roasting beets can take over an hour, instead, cut & steam for a simpler way to prepare them. This shortens the cooking time by half (or more).
- 1 medium-sized beet
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Himalayan (or sea) salt to taste
- Fill a medium-sized pot with 1-2 inches of water & place on your stove on medium to high heat.
- While the water is coming to a boil, wash the beet & cut into quarters. Remove stems & do not peel.
- When water is boiling, reduce heat to medium & place beets into a steam basket & steam covered for 10-15 minutes. Beets are cooked when you can easily insert a fork into the flesh.
- Use paper towel to peel the skin off the beets.
- In a blender add minced garlic, steamed beets, tahini, lemon juice & salt. Gradually add water & blend until desired consistency is reached. Dressing should be smooth, but not too watery. You can add more or less water depending on how thick you like it.
Get your GLOW on, beauties.